The Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies, the political foundation/think tank of the European People’s Party (EPP, the largest European-level political party of the centre-right), conducts activities on a wide range of policy-oriented, EU-related issues. The Martens Centre is an organisation that offers the unique opportunity to join an energetic team which lays the groundwork for the foundation’s ambitious plan of action. Currently, the following openings are available:
Communications Internship (m/f)
For this position, the successful candidate is expected to assist the Communications Team. Starting date is March 2019.
Tasks of the position include:
- Assist in the development of communications campaigns related to the Martens Centre research and events
- Together with the other members of the Communications Team, come up with fresh, innovative ideas for both formats and contents of these campaigns
- Assist in monitoring traditional and social media impact of the Centre and identify strategies for growing target audiences
- Provide general assistance with the upkeep and expansion of the Centre’s database of contacts, including identifying new, relevant stakeholders
- Take part in the research projects of the Communications Team, including literature reviews, editing and other related tasks
- Assist in the organisation of events and conferences of the Martens Centre
- Execute any other organisational and administrative tasks as needed
- University degree in Communications and PR, political science, social science, journalism or any related disciplines
- Good knowledge of European and international politics as well as familiarity with the history and the tradition of the Christian Democrat, Conservative and like-minded political parties of the EPP family
- Creative, innovative, enthusiastic, out of the box thinker eager to establish and improve the external image and outreach of the Centre
- Savviness and keen interest in social media tools and platforms
- Be a team player able to follow internal and external workflows with precise deadlines
- Proven communications, promotion, copywriting and advertising skills are a strong asset
- Fluency in English, with proven writing skills; knowledge of additional languages is welcome
The position is open to all young graduates with an academic background in European affairs and related fields holding a university degree, fluent in English, fully computer and internet literate and with good knowledge of European politics. Additional educational qualifications, experience in policy research and adequate knowledge of one or two more languages are considered assets.
Internships are remunerated on a level comparable to the internship programmes offered at the European institutions. Interested applicants should forward a detailed CV and a cover letter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Tomi Huhtanen, Executive Director. When applying, please mention in the subject-line of the email message ’Communications Internship’. The deadline for applications is 17 February 2019.
General Internship (m/f)
The Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies offers internships of three to six months for university graduates and early-stage researchers from Europe and world-wide. The internship programme is intended to provide the trainees with the opportunity to deepen their knowledge of European affairs and to have close insights into the daily work of the European institutions in Brussels.
Therefore, it constitutes an excellent experience for graduates aspiring to pursue a career in the area of European politics and related fields. The added value of an internship with the Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies is the possibility to be involved in political activities and in the creation of new policy concepts at the European level. As the Centre is a young and evolving organization, the traineeship gives a unique opportunity for the trainees to test their capacities and to see their ideas have a real impact in a dynamic environment.
The internship is focused on immersing the successful candidates in the short-term and long-term policy research and other activities of the Centre: organizing meetings and conferences, preparing reports and analysis, editing publications including the European View, updating the website, blog and databases, communicating with the European People’s Party in policy research and other activities, and liaising with officials from the European Institutions.
The programme is open to all graduates with an academic background in European affairs and related fields holding a university degree, fluent in English, fully computer and internet literate and with good knowledge of European politics. Additional educational qualifications, experience in policy research in policy research and adequate knowledge of one or two more languages are considered assets.
Internships are remunerated on a level comparable to the internship programmes offered at the European institutions. There is no application deadline, applications are accepted on a rolling basis and internships are granted depending on demand throughout the year.
Interested applicants should forward a detailed CV and a cover letter by e-mail at email@example.com to the attention of Tomi Huhtanen, Executive Director. When applying, please mention in the subject-line of the email message “Internship”.
Please note that for all of the positions advertised above and due to the high number of applications we receive, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.