More Documents to Download
- Opening speech Mikulas Dzurinda
- Keynote address Andrej Kiska
- Panel I - Blazing the trail to jobs and growth
- Panel II - Central and Eastern Europe: New EU economic tigers?
- Panel III - Going digital: New business for new societal horizons
- Panel IV - Old allies and new friends: Transatlantic partners and fast-growing global economies
- Panel V - European innovation union: Winning the race for competitiveness
- Panel VI - Banking on tomorrow: Financial innovation in a post-crisis EU
- Panel VII - East - East economic cooperation: Exporting transformation models to EU's Eastern neighbourhood
- Conference Report
The EIF is now in its fifth year! Check all the highlights from the previous years:
The Martens Centre is proud to host the fifth annual Economic Ideas Forum, to be held in Bratislava during the 16th and the 17th of October under the patronage of Mikuláš Dzurinda, WMCES President and former Prime Minister of Slovakia. This yearly conference brings together economic experts, high level policy makers and business representatives in order to discuss new economic solutions for issues of European and global importance. The key message of this year’s Forum is that the return to growth requires a renewed commitment to our core principles of reform, innovation, social justice and smart investment. In this context, twenty five years after the collapse of Communism, the economies of Central and Eastern Europe can offer important lessons, both for EU’s eastern neighbours and other member states. Furthermore, Bratislava stands at the intersection of the old and new EU, in which innovation and the ability to reform are acknowledged as cornerstones of a successful economic model. In this context, Bratislava is the natural choice for further developing policies for fostering Europe’s recovery in the years ahead.